httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Stuart <Ian.Stu...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:04:30 GMT
On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 13:57, Gilk wrote:

> It works fine when I try to view html documents. But the problem is that I have a CGI
(.exe file) in the win2k server.  When I try to view the html gererated by this .exe file
using my linux proxy web server, things just donĀ“t work out.
Does the script work fine is you go directly to the Win2k server?

> Is my proxy trying to get this .exe file and delivering it directly to the client who
requested the html document??? It shouldn't be, it should simply pass the URL on, and pass
the data back. the script itself is run on the win2k box.

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty