httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pachi Sucunza <pa...@scati.com>
Subject httpd crash at startup with custom c++ (mod_cplusplus) module
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:54:51 GMT
Hi everyone

I have written an Apache module in C++ (using mod_cplusplus...
http://modcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ )
The problem is that I can't get any C++ module working, the httpd process
dies right after initialization, without any complaint or message (in stdout
or any of the log files).

I'll try to explain more thoroughly the situation:
- I'm running Linux - Debian 2.2 (potato), kernel 2.2.19-smp on a 2x1GHz
  Intel Pentium III. I use Apache 2.0.40. mod_cplusplus is the latest version (1.0.2).
  My compiler is gcc 2.95.2 (the one packaged by Debian).
- I configured and compiled Apache, and mod_cplusplus, without problems.
- I changed httpd.conf accordingly, to load mod_cplusplus and my module
  (as in the mod_cplusplus sample configuration files), copied modules in the
  "modules" directory, etc.
- When I launch httpd, the mod_cplusplus initialization is done, and then the one
  in my custom module. After this (FIRST initializations), the server dies without
  any message.
- If I just load mod_cplusplus module, but none of the C++ modules, the server
  doesn't die (but it's not very useful... :)
- If I launch apache with the "-X" option (single-process mode), EVERYTHING works
  PERFECTLY: mod_cplusplus, mod_cplusplus samples, and my module. That's why I think
  that the setup (httpd.conf) is right, and that my compilation and linking seem
  correct, too.. (?)
  With that switch, mod_cplusplus' and my module's initialization are called the second
  time, and everything starts working OK.
- I've tried different settings to compile Apache (--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE,
  --enable-module=most --enable-mods-shared=most, different MPM's...), all
  of them with the same results.
- I've tried all of this in a non-SMP machine, also with the same results.
- I've reduced my module to a minimum, just a few "pRequest->rputs( ... );",
  content-type, etc.. in the "handler()" method. So I think it cant't be (for the
  moment :) a bug in my code.
- With the mod_cplusplus sample modules, the result are always the same as with my
  little module.

Any hints? Anyone had any similar problem, even if not using mod_cplusplus?
Could it be a compiling/linking problem? Or with libraries?

Any help would be *HIGHLY* appreciated, as I don't know what else can I try...

Best regards,

Pachi.