httpd-users mailing list archives

From pet...@milanese.cc
Subject Re: Can you use Unix Perl scripts on Windows2000?
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 02:53:13 GMT
Quoting david hawcroft <abrogard@yahoo.com>:

>  Hi... there's a wonderful lot of free cgi perl scripts out there but
> they all seem to be for unix... lots of chmod instructions and such.

chmod in the usage instructions, or in the code? embedded unix commands are
generally bad etiquette, and should be handled from within perl. Probably not
the best choice for use.

>  I've tried a couple and couldn't get them to run.

What problems were you having?
Common beginner issues exist, so if that's the case, we can take it offline.

>   Should they run on Windows 2000? What changes should I make? Can I
> be directed to somewhere I can read up on this?

Shouldn't be a problem. Without more detail, it's a bit difficult to know what
you need to do.

Hope that helps-

peterm