httpd-users mailing list archives

From pet...@milanese.cc
Subject Logging directly to DB, advisement please
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 00:12:34 GMT

Greetings-

I'm on a mission to log multiple servers to a database, and would like to ask
advisement on the least expensive (process wise) to do so.

I currently have tests of this, however it is merely a pipe to mysql. Seriously
doubt that this is ideal in a multiple server (about a dozen or so), moderate
hitrate environment.

I am certain I can do this with mod_perl and a couple of other goodies, but
again, I'd love to hear what others have done to this effect.

Any ideas would be helpful-

Thanks!

peterm