httpd-users mailing list archives

From "DL Neil" <PH...@DandE.HomeChoice.co.uk>
Subject Vhost naming and IE6.0
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:46:19 GMT
I use short names for dev 'sites' on my local computer, eg "XML", for my
current tutorial 'practicals'. The existing other half-dozen+ Vhosts (with
short names, eg "HC") work just fine.

However when I set up a Vhost called XML (and restarted Apache, etc) and
asked for "XML", IE served up the list of favorites from its Favorites
folder of the same name.

Work-around: changed the name of the Favorites folder, and things are happy.

Is this 'expected behavior'? Can someone explain please? Have I missed
something?
=dn

httpd.conf excerpt:
### Section 3: Virtual Hosts

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
<VirtualHost _default_:*>
    DocumentRoot "C:/OpenSource/Apache/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ServerName ...
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ServerName xml
    DocumentRoot "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/XML"
    <Directory "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/XML">
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
    ServerAdmin XMLWebMaster@dande.homechoice.co.uk
    ErrorLog "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My
Documents/WebWork/zLogs/XMLSite-error_log"
    CustomLog "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My
Documents/WebWork/zLogs/XMLSite-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>
*****