httpd-users mailing list archives

From "DL Neil" <PH...@DandE.HomeChoice.co.uk>
Subject Re: Administrivia question: subject prefix?
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:03:09 GMT
Most of the time filtering the TO: address will work, however for some
reason (?some client, some users?) the list address seems to migrate to the
CC: field (perhaps not on this list, but certainly on others...).
Accordingly I routinely end up filtering both the TO: and CC: fields. Moving
to a labelled SUBJECT: would be a definitive cut to a single criteria filter
- I'm in favor of the change.

I only subscribe to this and the ANN list for Apache. However when
subscribing to multiple lists in a single subject area, it is very useful to
be able to see that a msg came through the general list, the Win32 list, or
the ODBC list, whatever
- list-labelling has two uses: one automation/filtering, the other
human/visual/context-setting.

Regards,
=dn

PS appreciate all your efforts on our behalf beavering away to keep the list
going. (is a beaver a large rodent?)