httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: SSI Enabling Problem
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:29:58 GMT
Telconstar99 wrote:
> Want to say hello, as this is my first time to ever post.

Welcome!

> I just downloaded and installed Apache 1.3 on my 2k box. This is my VERY
> first time to run a web-server, so I know just about nothing about it.
> Anyway, I want to get SSI working. So I fired up my httpd.conf file, and
> added the following (read a brief tutorial):
>
> AddType text/html .shtml
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

Correct, I believe.

> It mentioned something about having the following directive "Options
> +Includes" but I wasn't really sure what that meant.

Yes, you will need that to enable SSI in the directory you want it to work
in. Something like this:

<Directory "Root Directory/TheTresPlace">
    Options +Includes
</Directory>

> I read something about
> needed "mod_includes" or something like that, but I'm not sure what this
> means either.

You must have this one among the other loads:
LoadModule include_module modules/mod_include.so

 (I have never used 1.x seriously, and heard lot of scary stuff about
AddModule,  but don't think that is needed unless you use ClearModuleList)

> Their may be something wrong in the way I am using the SSI in the .shtml
> file. Here are how my two files are located:
> Root Directory/TheTresPlace/index.shtml
> Root Directory/TheTresPlace/IndexTop.html
>
> So, in my .shtml file, I have the following:
> "<!--#include virtual="/TheTresPlace/IndexTop.html"-->"

Should work, once you've configured Apache properly.

Regards,
Robert Andersson