httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zahid Rahman" <zah...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: Re: JSTL quick reference
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 07:27:25 GMT
you wrote :-
> This may be a dumb question, but can someone provide a really quick
synopsis
> explaining WHY JSTL tags are preferable to regular JSP 1.1 tags.....
> what are the benefits / advantages ?

You can find a brief description and the aims at this page.
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=JSTL
The article is entitled "A new language for designing web pages ".
I think the title says it all.

As you may know JavaScript was developed by Netscape Corp.
specifically developed for the construction of web pages.
JavaScript was designed so that it can be intermingled
with HTML , furthermore it can be used to create full-function
stand alone applications.

JavaScript can do the following :-
- Animate graphics and text - to a limited extent.
- play sounds;
- have better control of the display of windows and frames;
- check information entered into forms , and give your readers instant
feedback.

Some times ignorance is bless !

Regards,
Zahid