httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Milan Reznicek" <reznic...@gytool.cz>
Subject Access to user's web pages
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 23:42:21 GMT
Hi everyon,
    I have one silly problem with access to user web pages that are
requested from www.server.com/~user.

    In my httpd.conf I've put this:
        UserDir public_html

        <Directory /home/*/public_html>
            There I left the original contents which where there from the
Apache installation.
        </Directory>

    But everytime I try to get to these dirs I receive 403 - Forbidden.
    I tried to change the owner to these dirs to apache (the user I'm
running my server as) and also I change the access rights to these dirs and
also files in to 755.

    Could someone help me, and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

                                Thanks Milan