httpd-users mailing list archives

From "mail.earthlink.net" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] graphical user interface for apache config files
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:34:35 GMT
Hi....

After a lot of searching with no real results... we've decided to post to
this list in the hopes that we might get an answer...

We're trying to find out if anyone has developed/used a good (open
source/free)graphical/browser based tool for the configuration of the Apache
config file. We have looked at Comanche, WebMin, and a couple of the
SourceForge apps. But we haven't come up with one that satisfies what we're
looking for.

We're looking for a graphical tool that would let us modify the underlyig
config file. It doesn't need to deal with Apache issues (start/stop/etc...).
We want to be able to let users specify external output applications/files
for their given log files... We would rather the user be able to handle this
with a browser based tool instead of manually dealing with the config
file...

Thanks for any assistance...

Bruce Douglas
bedouglas@earthlink.net

PS. If anyone has used a tool that's close and might like to modify it for
our needs, let us know. We do have a small budget for a small project!!