httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Administrivia question: subject prefix?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:26:04 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Greg Wirth wrote:
> >
> > But I want to know what mail app is the one that created this issue of
> > requiring a users@httpd in order to filter.
>
> The people who requested this can speak up for themselves, but
> given some of the remarks on the thread I wouldn't blame them if
> they stayed silent on the subject. :-)
> --
> #ken P-)}

I do not really understand why it is said all around that this change would
benefit M$ Outlook [Express], which they imply cannot filter otherwise. I've
been stuck on Win platforms, since I need to do lots of development for it,
but have been ably to filter fine based on headers since at leat OE 4 and
still do.

My opinion on the new subject prefix, is that it is little uglier, little
messier, little less width, little hard to (manually) search the subject,
but not too bad; I'll live. Still interested, though, as Greg, as to what
people and/or software had problems with filtering.

Regards,
Robert Andersson