httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Taylor" <ch...@x-bb.org>
Subject Re: 20 requests causes server to crawl
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:28:25 GMT
20 requests causes server to crawlI just find it hard to believe it could be THAT bad.

I posted a few days ago about benchmarks, and I'd be grateful if you'd run it on your new
Windows box James (it doesn't take long).

Here's the relevant part of my post again:

First off, a quick benchmark of a simple HTML page, mine is my header file, and the source
looks like:

<FONT face=verdana style=font-size:18pt><B>MY_URL</B></FONT>
<BR><BR>
<FONT face=verdana style=font-size:11pt><A href=powered_by.php>Powered By.....</A></FONT>

Benchmark this one using:
ab -n 1000 -c 10 http://localhost/header.html

That was the code I used, which gains 22 reqs/sec on 2k and 389 on Linux, if anyone else would
care to do it (it only takes a moment), I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks guys.

Chris Taylor - chris@x-bb.org - The guy with the PS2 Webserver :)