httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rich Thomas" <thom...@buffalo.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Preventing directory listings except for one user
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 20:28:06 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to give one user the ability to see a directory listing and
only let others see the particular file <page> that they were seeking.
What I'd like to avoid is a situation where some gets a page from a
directory and then backspaces over the file name to see the whole index.
I created a blank index.html page to prevent this but I do need to allow
one user <an admin type> to see what files are in the directory.

Is this do-able and would it involve using Overrides?

Is it possible to not have an index.html and still not allow users to
see the file directory listing?

Thanks,

Richard Thomas

Systems Administrator