httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Taylor" <ch...@x-bb.org>
Subject Re: 20 requests causes server to crawl
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 23:08:37 GMT

Glad to be of help :)

Chris Taylor - chris@x-bb.org - The guy with the PS2 WebServer -
http://www.x-bb.org/chris.asc

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Pelton, James
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Cc: 'chris@x-bb.org'
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 11:44 PM
Subject: RE: 20 requests causes server to crawl

Flawed script it was. You were right!

I set server-status to refresh every second, and set Win2K to notify
me when CPU pegged out. When that happened, I printed the
server-status report. I then made a big pile of the reports and read
through them. I found that bad page:

I inherited a message board driven by an Access database. When I set
up my new server, that access file didn't get copied. When people
tried to look at it, the page hung and Apache went through the roof.
It was very easy to reproduce.

Thanks for your help!!!

james pelton