httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Vinayak <tvina...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Cannot start Apache
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2002 02:05:38 GMT
Nerds OnAnthony,

you may want to peep into the Apache error log and access log to guess the gremlin better.
Also, to bump up the error logging details, you can edit the httpd.conf file. Look for entries:
ErrorLog <path to error file>
LogLevel debug

Setting LogLevel to debug will spit out tonnes of info in the log files.

Hope that helps!

Tony
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: anthony@nerdsonsite.com
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 9:24 PM
  Subject: Cannot start Apache

  I am anew to apache and need some help, I successfully loded Apache 2 on my windows xp system
but screwed up the configuration file. Numerous attempts to remove and reinstall both versions
failed, The server is starting without errors but I get an page not found error when I type
http://localhost/ can anyone tell me how to fic this?

  Sincerely
  Anthony Berot
  416.717.0823

  From the Desk Of .......................Anthony Berot

  Nerds On-Site Inc.  we know.....STUFF
  http://www.nerdsonsite.com
  1.877.MY NERDS (696.3737)

  BARRIE ~ CHATHAM ~ DETROIT ~ JOHANNESBURG ~ KANATA ~ KITCHENER ~LONDON ~ MONTREAL ~ NORTH
BAY ~ OTTAWA ~ SARNIA ~ TORONTO ~ WINDSOR