httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ja...@jsquared.ca>
Subject RE: VirtualHosting
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 14:18:45 GMT
I apologize, I had restarted the server and received no error message,
but the service did not restart.  I have restarted the server and now
both domains return

Index of /

. Parent Directory.

I have chmod 777'd the site.* directory and I still can't see anything -
In fact it is still looking to my /var/www/htdocs folder!!

Why isn't it pointing to the folders I specified?

Thank you!!

-----Original Message-----
From: James Herschel [mailto:jdh34@cogeco.ca] On Behalf Of
james@jsquared.ca
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 9:58 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: VirtualHosting

Hello, I've been working with the O'Reilly Using Apache manual to host
two websites using one invocation of httpd with <VirtualHost>.

User www
Group www

NameVirtualHost 24.141.11.74

<VirtualHost www.jsquared.ca>
ServerAdmin james@jsquared.ca
DocumentRoot /home/ftp/www/site.trebas/htdocs
ServerName www.jsquared.ca
ErrorLog /var/www/site.trebas/logs/error_log
TransferLog /var/www/site.trebas/logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.bozack.com>
ServerAdmin james@jsquared.ca
DocumentRoot /home/ftp/www/site.bozack/htdocs
ServerName www.bozack.com
ErrorLog /home/ftp/www/site.bozack/logs/error_log
TransferLog /home/ftp/www/site.bozack/logs/access_log
</VirtualHost>

Both domains return the first site.  I expected that Apache would
examine the headers of the http request and return the requested site
based on the name.  Do I have to set up multiple local IPs on my machine
and put each separate IP in each VirtualHost block? Can anyone tell me
what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!!

James Herschel
JSquared Network Solutions