httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Holger Evers" <ev...@cybay.de>
Subject mod_rewrite hangs on apache 2
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:12:32 GMT
I'm trying to implement the often shown rewrite for
search-engine-friendly URIs. I found there's a variety of possible
solutions, but none of them works (the way i did it).

I tested it on apache 1.3.x and it works fine!

Lets say document root is /htdocs and the files are

/htdocs/rewritten.html
/htdocs/content.php

so i want to write http://my.domain.com/rewritten.html and deliver
content.php to the browser. Of course i later mask the neccessary
parameters (rewritten.html/test as content.php?param=test) with an
appropriate rewrite rule...

In the httpd.conf i have

RewriteEngine On
#also tried without log:
RewriteLog logs/rewrite_log
RewriteLogLevel 9

RewriteRule ^hallo\.html$ test.php

The "mod_rewrite" module is installed and loaded of course. Further more
i have "AllowOverride All" and "FollowSymLinks" and "Alias / /htdocs"
and "AccessFileName .htaccess". The ".htaccess" doesn't seem to
interrest him anyway if i put the rewrite-stuff in it.
But when it's in the httpd.conf, the browser hangs with every URL typed
in, even if the rewrite rule cannot match. In the rewrite_log he always
says:

... (2) init rewrite engine with requested uri /whateveriwritehere

and that's all!
Is there a known bug in v2 that i didn't get or has the syntax changed
in any way?
Please give me a hint (or a sample conf...)

Thanks a lot, Holger