httpd-users mailing list archives

From dale <st...@colony.net>
Subject Apache 1.3.xx and php and ...
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:24:11 GMT
Hello,

I am currently running apache and php with mysql on a server
that  I wish to update to the latest apache and php for
security reasons.

The original install was done via rpms (redhat 7.2), and
unfortunately when I try to upgrade apache or php I am told I
can't due to various dependencies. This is very annoying!

As a result, I think it will probably be better for me to just
compile my own copies of apache and php.  But I am not sure
what is the best way to do this. Everyone seems to have their
own suggestions on whether to compile modules in or not.

I need to stay with the 1.3 series due to a special module I
do use that is not quite ready to go with 2.x

I will be using php with phpbb as well as perl, imagemagick
(and probably a few other standard apache modules) and I
expect to be using (after I learn more about it) mod_rewrite
as well as this other special module I am using.

How would the folks here recommend compiling apache to meet
the above needs?

Thank you for your time and hopefully, suggestions and
recommendations.

Dale