httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: request timed out
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 04:54:26 GMT
On Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:04:23 +0800, Gary Lee wrote:

>hi there,
>
>I'm using the Apache 1.3.26 http server ,..it's behind a Linux firewall
>and it's properly configured...I use DNAT to translate the public IP to
>my internal web server, but after that all the request for my web page
>timed out....the question is besides configuring the IP address on the
>apache server, what else I need to configure?...seems I don't need the
>virtual hosts setup......please help

I have no idea whether these will apply to your problem, but they were
my gotchas.  After configuring my firewall to forward rather than drop
port 80 requests, I neglected to edit the forward conf, telling it where
to send it.

Another gotcha is that my firewall won't accept a LAN side origin on the
WAN side.  Thus I can't connect to my server over the internet from a
machine on my LAN.  There's no reject, just a black hole & time out.

BTW, thanks for finding the word wrap.  That's rare among lookOut users.
Now if you could turn off the HTML. ;^)
--
gt
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---