httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@swbell.net>
Subject Re: No Environment Vars in SSI
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 07:11:48 GMT
On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:45:56 +0000, omar gatto wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm running 1.3.19 on Redhat Linux 7.1. An xSSI script will not read the
>$QUERY_STRING variable in an IF statement. However, if I echo
>var="last_modified" it will output this var. Httpd docs say env vars should
>be prefixed with "$" but this produced an error. Also, !--#printenv--
>produces a string of error messages and halts further parsing of the page.
>Plain file includes do work, however. What to do?

I only tested the printenv include, and it worked fine on this Debian
Woody box.  An error possibility occurs to me-- if you don't use quotes,
you need to add a space before closing the "comment," thus:
	<!--#printenv -->
                ^ need a space here.

Without the space, you get:

	[an error occurred while processing this directive].
--
gt
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---