httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Dion" <ch...@thedions.net>
Subject Authentication
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:58:08 GMT
I am using Apache 2.0.39 on windows.  I have recently recompiled htpasswd
with the patches for it applied, now it just crashes.  So I pulled out my
htpasswd from apache 1.3 and made my user file.  I set up the .htaccess
file and the .htpasswd file in the directory they needed to be in.  When I
go into the directory it asks for a password and I type the correct on in
but it doesn't take. It asks 3 times and then fails.  The error log says
something to the effect of can't find user <blah>.  I tried this on apache
1.3 also cause I thought maybe it was an incompatibility with 1.3 and 2.0
but it does the same thing.  Any ideas?

Chris