httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Beard <j...@cyberxape.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Drop the mistake of make_sock, could not bind...
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:41:51 GMT
ps -ef | grep httpd will tell you if apache is running.

If you don't see any processes then delete the httpd.pid file
and restart. When your apache instance isn't shutdown cleanly
it leaves behind the httpd.pid.

The error that indicates that an instance of apache is already
running is something like "cannot bind to port. already in use".

--Jeff

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Ismael Touama wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new here:
> RH7.2+Apache_1.3.24+mod_perl_1.26+Apache::ASP
>
> I can't drop this mistake from my log.
> At the start I had as Port directive 80.
> I put 1023 and then I had a warn with my httpd.pid file
> that tells it was overwritten, so I tried 8080
> and the problem with make_sock stil occurs...
>
> If someone had time to tells what's the way apache is
> running ?
> Or give a link, I really disturbed with this error.
> I've got BindAddress *.
>
> Thanks for any help, it's been a time I'm on.
>
> bbsc
> ism

Jeff Beard | Systems Architect, Programmer, Sysadmin
Contact    | jeff at cyberxape dot com
Location   | In front of the computer, Boulder, CO, USA