httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mikel Waxler <wa...@waxor.com>
Subject Slow apache 2.0, thread issue?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:30:28 GMT
The problem is that apache is responding really slow.

Its Apache 2.0.39, with PHP/Mysql heavily used, running on Redhat 7.2.

It is using the prefork mpm and at the moment is set with these
directives:

<IfModule prefork.c>
AcceptMutex     sysvsem
ServerLimit        1000
StartServers        1
MinSpareServers     20
MaxSpareServers     30
MaxClients         400
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Benchmarking it with ab gives me this:
ab -n 10000 -c 500 99.99.99.99/page.html
Time per request:       47227.075 [ms] (mean)

There was a thread a while ago talking about this but it seems to have
gone unresolved. I have not tried the worker mpm because this is a
production server and I can't really mess with it.

The server serves a large volume of requests per second. Does anyone have
any suggestions? Where shoudl I go from here?

Here is that thread.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-users&m=101836361403602&w=2

HampshireCollege.student("Mikel Waxler");