httpd-users mailing list archives

From steveg <ste...@stevegcentral.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question on setup and configuration
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:09:36 GMT

Couple of things,
1 to make your web server "not live" you can setup apache to only bind to
127.0.0.1 (localhost)
put "BindAddress 127.0.0.1" in the right spot in your httpd.conf
for dns settings set whatever DNS server you want
just make sure to turn off host resolution or you will have some problems
put "HostnameLookups Off" in your httpd.conf.

That should do it.. note that I have never used apache under windows but I
doubt it's any different.

Let me know if that works for you.