httpd-users mailing list archives

From <apacheu...@dinoneil.com>
Subject Re: Stupid virtual host problem..
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:08:43 GMT

One thing that people sometimes get confused with is that the <VirtualHost
hostname> container tells the server what IP address this virtual host is
bound to while the ServerName directive identifies the string of
characters sent from the client in the Host: header.

Assuming you have the desired IP address specified with the
NameVirtualHost directive, your server will need to resolve
calendar.mysite.com to that same IP address for you vhost to work.