httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: .pl .cgi / cgi-scripts, handlers
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:46:25 GMT

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Ken Godee wrote:
> I have the "same" 2 scripts with dif. ext's "first.pl" and "first.cgi"
> On "client" browers first.cgi executes as normal, but first.pl wants
> to download instead of executing :(
> On the server that Apache is running on, both versions execute
> correctly! (thru browser)  (logged in as root or normal user)

Uhhh... That implies to mean only one thing: the scripts are working fine,
but you are setting the Content-Type wrong in the scripts and the
"wonderful" MSIE is using its silly extensions mapping to figure out what
to do.

Try checking the content-type line output by the script, and give us a
test url so we can look at the output of the two scripts.

Joshua.