httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: "custom" in access log files
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:20:36 GMT

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Connie Jones wrote:

> Would someone please tell me what "custom" means in access log files.  A
> couple of days ago this started appearing as an entry with no further
> information and I can't find any definition of it anywhere.  I would
> appreciate any help.  Thank you.

It means you have a line like this in httpd.conf:
CustomLog logs/access_log common

but you don't have a corresponding LogFormat directive defining
what "common" means.  Therefore apache assumes that you would like the
literal string "common" written to the log for every request.  You
probably want to add something like this to httpd.conf:

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/logs.html#common

Joshua.