httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michiel_La...@actuera.nl
Subject Re: Strange things with virutal hosts
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:46:05 GMT

Sorry for top-posting, I'm still (after 2 years) not used to Lotus Notes...
but that's another story.. ;-)

Anyway... it's no problem. Here's my httpd.conf (rid of most of the
comments)
At the bottom there are the Virtual Hosts where I left some of the
comments, to make clear why I undid some things there.
Maybe it's due a loaded module, or another weird setting that it is caused
by this, so I put those in here as well, and did not rip them out...

ServerName intranet
ServerType standalone
ServerRoot /etc/httpd
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile /etc/httpd/httpd.scoreboard
ErrorLog logs/error_log
LogLevel warn
ResourceConfig /dev/null
AccessConfig /dev/null

LoadModule env_module         modules/mod_env.so
LoadModule config_log_module  modules/mod_log_config.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module  modules/mod_mime_magic.so
LoadModule mime_module        modules/mod_mime.so
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
LoadModule status_module      modules/mod_status.so
LoadModule info_module        modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule includes_module    modules/mod_include.so
LoadModule autoindex_module   modules/mod_autoindex.so
LoadModule dir_module         modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule cgi_module         modules/mod_cgi.so
LoadModule asis_module        modules/mod_asis.so
LoadModule imap_module        modules/mod_imap.so
LoadModule action_module      modules/mod_actions.so
LoadModule userdir_module     modules/mod_userdir.so
LoadModule proxy_module       modules/libproxy.so
LoadModule alias_module       modules/mod_alias.so
<IfDefine HAVE_JSERV>
     LoadModule jserv_module    extramodules/mod_jserv.so
</IfDefine>
LoadModule rewrite_module     modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule access_module      modules/mod_access.so
LoadModule auth_module        modules/mod_auth.so
LoadModule anon_auth_module   modules/mod_auth_anon.so
LoadModule digest_module      modules/mod_digest.so
LoadModule expires_module     modules/mod_expires.so
LoadModule headers_module     modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule usertrack_module   modules/mod_usertrack.so
LoadModule setenvif_module    modules/mod_setenvif.so
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
     LoadModule php4_module    extramodules/libphp4.so
</IfDefine>
LoadModule vhost_alias_module   modules/mod_vhost_alias.so

ClearModuleList
AddModule mod_env.c
AddModule mod_log_config.c
AddModule mod_mime_magic.c
AddModule mod_mime.c
AddModule mod_negotiation.c
AddModule mod_status.c
AddModule mod_info.c
AddModule mod_include.c
AddModule mod_autoindex.c
AddModule mod_dir.c
AddModule mod_cgi.c
AddModule mod_asis.c
AddModule mod_imap.c
AddModule mod_actions.c
AddModule mod_userdir.c
AddModule mod_proxy.c
AddModule mod_alias.c
<IfDefine HAVE_JSERV>
     AddModule mod_jserv.c
</IfDefine>
AddModule mod_rewrite.c
AddModule mod_access.c
AddModule mod_auth.c
AddModule mod_auth_anon.c
AddModule mod_digest.c
AddModule mod_expires.c
AddModule mod_headers.c
AddModule mod_usertrack.c
AddModule mod_so.c
AddModule mod_setenvif.c
<IfDefine HAVE_PHP4>
     AddModule mod_php4.c
</IfDefine>
AddModule mod_vhost_alias.c

User apache
Group apache
ServerAdmin root@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir public_html
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.php3 index.shtml index.cgi
index.pl index.htm Default.htm default.htm
</IfModule>
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>
UseCanonicalName On
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    TypesConfig conf/apache-mime.types
</IfModule>
DefaultType text/plain
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
    MIMEMagicFile conf/magic
</IfModule>
HostnameLookups off
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b %T" script
LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
VLOG=%{VLOG}e" vhost
ServerSignature On
<IfModule mod_alias.c>
    Alias /icons/ /var/www/icons/
    Alias /doc /usr/share/doc
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/
    ScriptAlias /protected-cgi-bin/ /var/www/protected-cgi-bin/

    <IfModule mod_perl.c>
        Alias /perl/ /var/www/perl/
        Alias /cgi-perl/ /var/www/perl/
    </IfModule>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
    IndexOptions FancyIndexing
    AddIconByEncoding (CMP,/icons/compressed.gif) x-compress x-gzip
    AddIconByType (TXT,/icons/text.gif) text/*
    AddIconByType (IMG,/icons/image2.gif) image/*
    AddIconByType (SND,/icons/sound2.gif) audio/*
    AddIconByType (VID,/icons/movie.gif) video/*

    AddIcon /icons/binary.gif .bin .exe
    AddIcon /icons/binhex.gif .hqx
    AddIcon /icons/tar.gif .tar
    AddIcon /icons/world2.gif .wrl .wrl.gz .vrml .vrm .iv
    AddIcon /icons/compressed.gif .Z .z .tgz .gz .zip .bz2
    AddIcon /icons/a.gif .ps .ai .eps
    AddIcon /icons/layout.gif .html .shtml .htm .pdf
    AddIcon /icons/text.gif .txt
    AddIcon /icons/c.gif .c
    AddIcon /icons/p.gif .pl .py .php .php3
    AddIcon /icons/f.gif .for
    AddIcon /icons/dvi.gif .dvi
    AddIcon /icons/uuencoded.gif .uu
    AddIcon /icons/script.gif .conf .sh .shar .csh .ksh .tcl
    AddIcon /icons/tex.gif .tex
    AddIcon /icons/bomb.gif core

    AddIcon /icons/back.gif ..
    AddIcon /icons/hand.right.gif README
    AddIcon /icons/folder.gif ^^DIRECTORY^^
    AddIcon /icons/blank.gif ^^BLANKICON^^
    DefaultIcon /icons/unknown.gif
    ReadmeName README
    HeaderName HEADER

    IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddEncoding x-compress Z
    AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz
    AddLanguage da .dk
    AddLanguage nl .nl
    AddLanguage en .en
    AddLanguage et .ee
    AddLanguage fr .fr
    AddLanguage de .de
    AddLanguage el .el
    AddLanguage he .he
    AddCharset ISO-8859-8 .iso8859-8
    AddLanguage it .it
    AddLanguage ja .ja
    AddCharset ISO-2022-JP .jis
    AddLanguage kr .kr
    AddCharset ISO-2022-KR .iso-kr
    AddLanguage no .no
    AddLanguage pl .po
    AddCharset ISO-8859-2 .iso-pl
    AddLanguage pt .pt
    AddLanguage pt-br .pt-br
    AddLanguage ltz .lu
    AddLanguage ca .ca
    AddLanguage es .es
    AddLanguage sv .se
    AddLanguage cz .cz
    AddLanguage ru .ru
    AddLanguage zh-tw .tw
    AddLanguage tw .tw
    AddCharset Big5         .Big5    .big5
    AddCharset WINDOWS-1251 .cp-1251
    AddCharset CP866        .cp866
    AddCharset ISO-8859-5   .iso-ru
    AddCharset KOI8-R       .koi8-r
    AddCharset UCS-2        .ucs2
    AddCharset UCS-4        .ucs4
    AddCharset UTF-8        .utf8

    <IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
        LanguagePriority en fr de es it da nl et el ja kr no pl pt pt-br ru
ltz ca sv tw
    </IfModule>
    AddType application/x-tar .tgz
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
    AddHandler imap-file map
</IfModule>
<Location /manual>
Options Multiviews
ErrorDocument 404 "The document you requested has not been installed on
your system. Please install the apache-manual package.
</Location>
<IfModule mod_setenvif.c>
    BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
    BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0

    BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
    BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_status.c>
    <Location /server-status>
        SetHandler server-status
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Location>
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_info.c>
    <Location /server-info>
        SetHandler server-info
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from .your_domain.com
    </Location>
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
    <Location /perl-status>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::Status
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Location>
</IfModule>
<Directory /var/www/html>
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/perl>
    AllowOverride All
    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride All
    Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

<Directory /var/www/protected-cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>
<Directory /home/*/public_html>
    AllowOverride All
    Options MultiViews Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
     Options +ExecCGI -Includes -Indexes
     SetHandler cgi-script
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
    <Directory /home/*/public_html/perl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
        Options -Indexes ExecCGI
        PerlSendHeader On
    </Directory>
</IfModule>

<Directory /var/www/icons>
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/share/doc>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

<Location /index.shtml>
    Options +Includes
</Location>

<IfModule mod_perl.c>
    PerlModule Apache::Registry
    <Location /perl/*.pl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::Registry
        Options -Indexes ExecCGI
        PerlSendHeader On
    </Location>

    <Location /cgi-perl/*.pl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::PerlRun
        Options -Indexes ExecCGI
        PerlSendHeader On
    </Location>
</IfModule>

<IfDefine !APACHEPROXIED>
    Port 80
    Listen 80
</IfDefine>
<IfDefine APACHEPROXIED>
    Port 8080
    Listen 8080
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine PERLPROXIED>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule ^proxy:.*  -  [F]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\/perl\/.*)$  http://%{HTTP_HOST}:8200$1 [P]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\/cgi-perl\/.*)$  http://%{HTTP_HOST}:8200$1 [P]
</IfDefine>

CustomLog logs/access_log combined env=!VLOG

Timeout 300

KeepAlive On

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

KeepAliveTimeout 15
MinSpareServers 4
MaxSpareServers 10

StartServers 4

MaxClients 150
MaxRequestsPerChild 500

Include  oldconf/addon-modules/php.conf
Include  oldconf/jserv/jserv.conf

NameVirtualHost 179.43.32.4
#When I set this as below, I get the error "Port already in use" hence it's
commented out
#Listen 179.43.32.4:80

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.php index.shtml
default.htm default.html
 </IfModule>

#If written as comment I get the rror "Port already in use" Hence it's
commented out again
#<VirtualHost 179.43.32.4:80>
<VirtualHost production.actuera.nl>
        ServerName production.actuera.nl
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        ErrorLog logs/prod_error.log
        UseCanonicalName on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost acc.actuera.nl>
        ServerName acc.actuera.nl
        DocumentRoot /var/www/acc
        ErrorLog logs/acc_error.log
        UseCanonicalName on
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost intracc.actuera.nl>
        ServerAdmin mil@actuera.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/intranet
        ServerName intracc.actuera.nl
        UseCanonicalName on
</VirtualHost>

                    "Herb Stein"

                    <herb@herbstei       To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    n.com>               cc:

                                         Fax to:

                    01-07-2002           Subject:     Re: Strange things with virutal hosts

                    23:10

                    Please respond

                    to users

We need to see the section of httpd.conf that does this.