httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zsaroq R Powe" <zp...@csc.com>
Subject RE: upgrade Apache 1.3.12 to 1.3.26
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:00:46 GMT

What user are u doing the install as? I ran into a similar problem on
Solaris.

 Running the install as root solved my problem.

                    Nate Swenson

                    <nates               To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    @affinitygs.c        cc:

                    om>                  Subject:     RE: upgrade Apache 1.3.12 to 1.3.26

                    07/30/02

                    11:00 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

I have downloaded the apache_1.3.26.tar.gz file.
Then I ran 'gunzip <apache_1.3.26.tar.gz | tar xvf -'
Then I ran './configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache' from the apache_1.3.26
directory.
Then I ran a 'make'.

The problem is that the make is not creating the httpd executable that I
need.  I believe it is because of this error during the make:
./gen_test_char: error in loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot

BUT, the libexpat.so.0 file is located in the /usr/local/lib directory so I
tried to configure with this command:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --libexecdir=/usr/local/lib

And I am still have the same problem with the make command.

HELP!

Nate