httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex Green" <alexdgr...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Building Apache 2.0.39 on HPUX11i
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:56:19 GMT
but what about apachectl... should this be a shell script or a binary?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Boyle Owen
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 4:45 PM
  Subject: RE: Building Apache 2.0.39 on HPUX11i

  "doesn't seem to run" - well, does it or doesn't it? If you do "ps -ef" do you see any httpd
processes? What does it say in the error_log ("resuming normal operations" means it is running)?
If in doubt, try starting in single-user mode to trap errors:

  ./httpd -X -f path/to/httpd.conf

  Rgds,

  Owen Boyle.