httpd-users mailing list archives

From "lists" <li...@polerecky.com>
Subject Limiting ProxyPass to listed sites
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 15:11:20 GMT

I am running a reverse proxy, everything is passing back and forth fine, but
how to i limit the proxy to sites listed in my proxypass directive?

here is what i have in my conf, i only want to allow access to the servers
behind my reverse proxy, not an anoynmouse proxy for the entire internet. I
have been messing around with ProxyBlock * but that denys all access, maybe
a ProxyBlock !/ * type command.

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
        ExtFilterDefine fixtext intype=text/xml
cmd="/usr/local/etc/apache2/pdf.pl"
        DocumentRoot "/usr/local/www/data"
        ServerName dummy.server.com:443
        ServerAdmin eric.polerecky@dummy.server.com
        ErrorLog /data/log/443-error.log
        TransferLog /data/log/443-access.log
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyVia Block
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCipherSuite
ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
        SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/etc/apache2/dummy.server.com.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/etc/apache2/dummy.server.com.key
        SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/etc/apache2/dummy.server.com.crt
        ProxyPass /communicator/
http://timesheet.dummy.server.com/communicator/
        ProxyPassReverse /communicator/
http://timesheet.dummy.server.com/communicator/
        ProxyPass /spellcheck/          http://dummy.server4.com:8080/
        ProxyPassReverse /spellcheck    http://dummy.server4.com:8080/
        ProxyPass /jacada               http://dummy.server3.com:8080/
        ProxyPassReverse /jacada        http://dummy.server3.com:8080/
        ProxyPass /utils                http://dummy.server2.com:8080/
        ProxyPassReverse /utils         http://dummy.server2.com:8080/
        ProxyPass /                     http://dummy.server.com
        ProxyPassReverse /              http://dummy.server.com
        <location ~ "CreateXML">
                SetOutputFilter fixtext
        </location>
CustomLog /data/log/httpd-ssl_request.log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
</VirtualHost>

Thanks everyone.
Eric Polerecky