httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Koen Vingerhoets" <koen.vingerho...@ubench.com>
Subject RE: HTTPD PROCESS SPAWNING
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 07:35:58 GMT
Hi,

do you have the following line in your httpd.conf:
KeepAlive On

If you have KeepAlive Off, you should consider changing it.

Koen

-----Original Message-----
From: Divakar Satyanarayan [mailto:divakars@mascotsystems.com]
Sent: 25 July 2002 06:42
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: HTTPD PROCESS SPAWNING

Hi,

  I have an Apache web server listening for Oracle 9iAS.

 The application generates web pages using PL/SQL agent . A web page
consists of three frames & each of the frame is dynamic. The content depends
on the action performed by the user.

  Now the problem is whenever a request is being sent to the web server it
is creating lot of httpd process to service the request. I searched the web
to find some technical information for finding the reason to this. I assume
that it has got some thing to do with the configuration of Apache web
server.

 One example was when the first request was submitted the number of httpd
process went upto 77 from 13 & when the second request arrived it went to
400+ from 77.

 Please direct me to the information that could help me resolve the above
issue ..

Thanks in Advance
Regards,
Divakar

DISCLAIMER: Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is
proprietary to Mascot Systems Limited and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have
been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended
recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for
delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any
use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at Mailadmin@mascotsystems.com Before opening attachments,
please scan for viruses.