httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Green" <ja...@stealthnet.co.uk>
Subject httpd in free(): warning: recursive call <-- one site dies at random times!
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:56:52 GMT
Hi all,

Got a FreeBSD4.5 box (dual PIII 1Ghz, 1Gb Ram) with Apache 1.3.26, PHP 4.2.1
and mysql 3.23.47 installed. All working fine with various sites hosted.

Except one. It's just gone down for second time in about three weeks now.
The machine's load is normally only 0.01, but with the site down it's around
1.97. MySQL appears to be eating cpu time for some odd reason.

Basically, I get the following in the apache error.log:

httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
[ r2b# grep -c recursive httpd-error.log
  64050 ]

that's a lot. Then I stop apache, it has to SIGKILL several children, then
quits. I stop and start mysqld, then start apache again, and the site
doesn't return.

As I make an http request for the site, I tail the access log, and nothing
appears. The log shows entries for other sites, however.

I have run the most extensive possible ismychk test over the dud site's
database, and found nothing wrong.

I am therefore at a loss to explain this. Anyone able to offer suggestions?

FWIW I just saw this happen:

httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in free(): warning: recursive call
httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call
httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call
[Wed Jul 17 15:42:34 2002] [notice] child pid 44813 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

Many thanks in advance.

--
James Green