httpd-users mailing list archives

From "admin" <kompu...@naisp.net>
Subject RE: Web Server Setup on Nt 4.0 PC
Date Sun, 07 Jul 2002 03:50:55 GMT
first I suggest using either dydns.org...for your personal
webserver's DNS sever, or the one I use, dns2go.com (this one is easy)
I run w2k with apache, php mysql and perl...and it's great.

this way you don't have to use your other domain...
let me know when you get that far...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan O'Neill, President, O & R Digitel
[mailto:smartalarm@mindspring.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 11:18 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Web Server Setup on Nt 4.0 PC

Ladies & Gentlemen,

My goal is to transform a PII 200Mhz PC, WIN NT 4.0, into hosting my
webpage.  This PC is connected to a cable modem.

Question: What do I need to do in the way of configuring this PC before I
install the Apache 2.0 msi file? The msi file asks for the Network Domain &
Server Name.  Currently, my domain, wake123.com is resident on a commercial
ISP server.  I'm guessing that I need to transfer my webpage files to my PII
PC and then by DNS(I think), register my domain to point to my PC IP
address.  Basically, I need a detailed process of how to get this server
started, using the Apache software.

Best Regards,

Bryan O'Neill