httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Admin" <kompu...@naisp.net>
Subject RE: Virtual hosts (was RE: .pl .cgi / cgi-scripts, handlers)
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:47:16 GMT
here is both my current config file, "httpd.conf"
and i thought i'd throw in the default one i saved, just in case
I ran into problems...this will show you that it is listed as i said.

the url you pointed me to is for version  2...but I'm sure it will
also be true for 1.3.x  (I've already read all the docs...)
and tried everything...so far nothing...I'm not the only one having this
problem.

I restarted and got the following errors on testing the config...

"  syntax line 1027
doc root takes one arguement
root directory of the doc tree "

> but perhaps you know how to setup virtual domains
> I've had a terrible time with those.  I've tried everything.
> and what it seems to me, I think it has something to do with
> having each sub-domain/virtual its own DNS (first) before
> setting them up in the config. I use dns2go.com to host
> my main server, But I need to setup other virtuals/subdomains
> using same IP (static).

Sure.  Start with the following:

1. Carefully read and follow
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html

2. If it still doesn't work, show us the relevant excerpt from your config
file and describe exactly what is happening when you try to access the
site and exactly what is in the error and access log.  It help alot if you
give real IP addresses and domain names as well.

Joshua.