httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stéphane Pétrot"<spet...@libertysurf.fr>
Subject Re: custom log URGENT !!
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:57:01 GMT
En réponse à Jeff Beard <jeff@cyberxape.com>:

> Try logging the referer on host F. It should indicate
host R, if that's

> where it came from.
>
> --Jeff

I have already try this, but it doesn't work : with a
redirection, it is the
same thing as if you type directly the URL in the
navigation bar.
In that case, the Referer field is empty. ;-(

Referer works only with a link.

Stephane

> Stéphane Pétrot wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a server which job is to redirect customer
request
> > to URI.
> > The process is :
> >
> > 1. Customer browser send a request to my apache web
> > server (server R).
> > 2. The answer is a redirection to an URI from a
database
> > (with a php script :
> > header("Location:" . $url) ; )
> > 3. Customer browser receive the URI as answer and
make
> > the resolution to get
> > the requested final web page (given by the URI).
> >
> > OK.
> > The final web page is given by another web server
(server
> > F).
> >
> > My problem is :
> > I want to see in the log of the server F that the
> > customer request hasn't been
> > made directly but through the server R.
> > How to configure my server R so that it sends an
answer

help@httpd.apache.org