httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pritpal Dhaliwal" <pdhali...@tycoint.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.39 and RedHat 7.3?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:34:55 GMT
I installed 1.3.26 without a probelm on RedHat 7.3.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Billingham, Walter 475 [mailto:Walter.Billingham@CIGNA.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 11:28 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Apache 2.0.39 and RedHat 7.3?

What version of gcc did you use to compile it?  I installed this just 2 days
ago on my freshly installed RH7.3 full install and I had the same symptoms
all I had to do is alter install path during configure time, change the user
and group after compilation, shutdown the old Apache, restart the new (with
exacting path of new apachectl) and mine worked fine.  By default, if you
did a full install apache 1.3.22, I believe, is installed with 7.3 and is
running at bootup on port 80, so this may present a problem due to several
things, one it is installed to the same directory I believe,
/usr/local/apache.  Basically, what is your setup?  Just throwing
suggestions at you blindly.  Man where did I put my car keys at, Dohhh!!
Trask.