httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Apache and Front Page server extensions
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:06:36 GMT
	Thanks for the backup.  DreamWeaver is also great for it's
integration of PHP and MySQL.  You can create database driven forms with
just a few simple clicks.  Then you can use the rest of the DreamWeaver
tools to modify the look of the forms.  Unfortunately, DW does not appear to
do the PHP coding in a very programmatically "correct" manner, but having it
generate all the PHP code for me means that I can then go in and fix things
as I like them.  I could be simply doing something the wrong way, but I end
up extracting a lot of the PHP code generated and putting it into other
included files as functions.  This is what I wish DW would take care of for
me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Ray [mailto:tom@blazestudios.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 3:23 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache and Front Page server extensions

I agree with Scott about FPSE, we're running a couple of Linux boxes here
with Apache 1.3.3 on them and FP was a complete bear to get installed. And
once it's installed it's still a pain in the neck to patch it. If you ever
need to do anything with FP on your linux box, better bring a lunch and
forget doing anything the rest of the day. (yay M$)

As for the Win OS issue, as far as I am aware and our Win2000 guy is aware
if you want to run FPSE on a Win2000 box you are stuck using IIS, however,
we are unsure if Apache 2.0 has a work around for this. But I agree with
you, if you're going to run Apache and FPSE you're better off doing it on a
*nix system. Actaully, you're better off running Apache on a *nix system and
not running FP :)

I mainly use a text editor, but DreamWeaver is a great program and the only
one I use when I need a WYSIWYG.