httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade to Apache 1.3.26 or 2.0.39
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:01:33 GMT
	God help you if you are running FrontPage extensions.  From my
experience, you have to go through the pain of completely reinstalling and
configuring the whole stupid thing again.  If I am wrong, someone please
clue me in to the easier way.  I have been putting the upgrade off simply
because of the painful nature of dealing with FrontPage extensions.

	Also, don't you need to rebuild any other modules you are running
also?

-----Original Message-----
From: DeAnna.Clemans@McKGenMed.com [mailto:DeAnna.Clemans@McKGenMed.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 7:59 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade to Apache 1.3.26 or 2.0.39

I should mention I am running Apache on Unix Solaris 2.8.

"Dmitry Medvedev" <medvedev@rsdsoft.msk.ru> on 07/11/2002 08:49:27 AM

Please respond to users@httpd.apache.org

To:    <users@httpd.apache.org>
cc:

Good day. Upgrading is not difficult, first you _should_ back up all your
data regarding the web server - conf files etc.
Still, on win (and maybe on lin) the upgrade does not kill anything.

Regards,
            Dmitry.
:-)
Developer Express inc.