httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Desmond Lee" <desmon...@hotmail.com>
Subject install apacheconf rpm needs apache
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:10:26 GMT
Hi there

I had to unistall some modules, including the apacheconf one. I'm trying to
reinstall it by using the rpms 'rpm -ivh apacheconf-0.8.2-2.noarch.rpm' but
it's giving me an error saying i need apache (which i do have)

error: failed dependencies:
        apache is needed by apacheconf-0.8.2-2

There's also an apacheconf source rpm, but when i do 'rpm -ivh
apacheconf-0.8.2-2.src.rpm' nothing really happens. Is this unpacking some
source files somewhere? Do i need to find these source files then do a
'./configure' and 'make' on them when i find them.

Thanks

Desmond