httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Trish Hartnett" <trish_...@hotmail.com>
Subject More help with apache and CGI-Perl
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 11:37:19 GMT

Hello,
  I am a newbie and I am trying to use CGI-Perl Perl with Apache (v1.3.26)
on Windows 2000.

I've looked up all the documentation I could find and I still can't get this
thing to work. Every time I try and run a CGI Perl script I keep on getting
500 server error messages.

In the error log it says:
"[Mon Jul 01 11:46:16 2002] [error] [client 137.43.1.49] (2)No such file or
directory: couldn't spawn child process: e:/apache/cgi-bin/test.pl"

I've checked and I do have CGI.pm in the C directory, where I installed
ActivePerl. (C:\Perl\lib)

I've read
"http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html#dynamiccontentwithcgi" because
that was suggested last wk on the list when someone had a similar problem.

In my httpd.conf the stuff relating to CGI I've got is:

  <Directory "E:/Apache/htdocs/manual/">
        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks MultiViews ExecCGI Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "E:/Apache/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "E:/Apache/cgi-bin">
        AllowOverride All
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

And this is the test program I'm trying to run:
#!C:/Perl/bin/Perl.exe
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello World !";$a=<STDIN>;

Any help would be greatly appreciated,