httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan La Montagne" <skasp...@msn.com>
Subject MIME Types
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 17:35:49 GMT
This question is regarding default MIME types.  I am running a MAC OS X
server 10.1 (which uses Apache as it's webserver), and on the website I have
a link to an EndNote 5 file. (EndNote is a bibliography program).  The
problem is that EndNote files have no suffix, and when someone downloads it
or tries to open it, other MAC computers think that the file is a text file.
  I believe that the problem is that the server, not recognizing an endnote
file, sends the suffix-less file, MIMEing it's content as text, becasue that
is how the server defaults.   I would like to change that default to
send-as-is, rather than it being a text content.  Does anyone know what the
deal is?  I can change MIME configuration for files with suffixes, but
Haven't figured out yet how to change how the server handles files without
suffixes.