httpd-users mailing list archives

From "jan groene" <jan_gro...@hotmail.com>
Subject limiting questions
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2002 05:11:29 GMT
hi all!

on some of my hosts i want to introduce a few limits, primarily i want to
limit the # of concurrent connections per user. my idea is like what i've
already seen on some websites, e.g. you may download say 2 files at a time
and any further request to that site is queued up and delayed until one of
the both connections die/end. i already struggled with a lot of modules, of
course mod_throttle too, which looked to me as the best solution at a first
glance. i faced two problems though: i did not find a way to set those
limits (especially combining concunrrent connections with an individual
user). the second one is that every module gives a 503 error to the user
whenever one of the introduced limits is violated instead of the more
elegant queueing mechanism...
hopefully one can help me there! thank you in advance!

-jan