httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Trish Hartnett" <trish_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Restricting access with both IP address and password
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 18:46:13 GMT
I got it working thanks. I'm not sure why but when I changed AllowOverride
All to AllowOverride Limit in the httpd.conf something very bad happened.
The error.log file got an extra line in it every second or 2 (literally)
saying :
"[Tue Jul 02 18:27:06 2002] [alert] [client 137.43.1.49]
e:/apache/htdocs/.htaccess: AddHandler not allowed here"
This continued so long as the Apache server was running as a server.

So I put the AllowOverride back to All instead. And now I have an IP
restricted, password restricted web page :>:>:>:>

I have found out that the problem is that my machine was connecting to a
proxy server, so that my machine's browser was not connecting the Internet
directly. I've bypassed the proxy server on the browser so that it only
accesses the proxy server, for files that are not served by the server on my
computer.

Thank you all for your help again, hugs,
Trish.