httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Trish Hartnett" <trish_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Restricting access with both IP address and password
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:37:27 GMT

>From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
>To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: Restricting access with both IP address and password
>Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:16:02 +0200
>
>Are you *really* sure about the IP address? Check in the apache access_log
>to see what it thinks the client address is.

Well I changed the order from 'order deny, all' to 'order all, deny' and
then I got server error message 500. So I commented out that line.

I think that 137.43.47.27 is the IP address because I used ipconfig in
MS-DOS. The access log is..."big" and there are loads of IP addresses in it.
Sorry for being stupid, but how would I know which IP address was the IP
address of my computer ?

Thank you for your patience,
Trish.