httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Trish Hartnett" <trish_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Restricting access with both IP address and password
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:00:42 GMT

>From: Jack Nerad <jnerad@cimedia.com>
>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Restricting  access with both IP address and password
>Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 10:38:48 -0400

>Yes.  If you know what the IP address was for the computer, you'd put that
>in an allow directive, use the require valid-user directive, and then
>instead of "satisfy any" use "satisfy all"
>
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#satisfy

Thank you.I hadn't thought about the "satisfy all" bit.I was looking up the
documentation for mod_auth as the gentleman earlier suggested (thank you).
Unfortunately I have another question, that I ahve not been able to find any
documentation which seuggest a solution. The computer I want to use this on
is stationery and has it's own IP address. The computers IP is 137.43.47.27
In my htaccess file I have :

Order Deny,Allow
Allow from 137.43.47.27
Deny from All

The strange thing is that retsicting by IP adressing only works if I use
Order Deny,Allow
Allow from 137.43.
Deny from All

which allows every computer whose IP address starts with Allow from
137.43.to see the page that I want to hide. If I use the full IP address I
get a 403 error when I try to access the "hidden" page.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Trish.