httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Giunchi <davidegiun...@libero.it>
Subject change DOCUMENT_ROOT via mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:12:45 GMT

How can i rewrite the content of the environment variable DOCUMENT_ROOT via
the mod_rewrite module?
I've a mass-virtual-hosting system based on mod_rewrite, everything is
working ok expect the DOCUMENT_ROOT that it's alsays refered to the principal
DocumentRoot directive (/web/htdocs).
In the doc page
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html#overview
the problem is well explained ("The other thing to `fake' is the document
root ...") and it say that can be solved via the VirtualDocumentRoot
directive of the mod_vhost_dyn and via the mod_rewrite.
I've already tryied mod_vhost_dyn and it works but for various reason i
cannot use this, but how can i do this with mod_rewrite?

Regards.

--
Davide Giunchi