httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manuel Reyes <MRe...@e-mis.com>
Subject ISAPI & SOAP
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:51:55 GMT
I am attempting to setup a server in such a way that I can process soap
requests via ISAPI, using Apache 2.0.39 on win32.

I have configured Apache by adding the following lines into httpd.conf and
this seem to work correctly :

AddHandler dsoap-script .dsoap
Action dsoap-script "/DSOAP/DSOAPISAPI.dll"
<IfModule mod_isapi.c>
<Directory "C:/apache2/htdocs/DSOAP">
    Options FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
ISAPICacheFile c:/apache2/htdocs/DSOAP/DSOAPISAPI.dll
ISAPIAppendLogToErrors on
</IfModule>

When I make my request via a .dsoap file, the theory is that this will be
passed onto the DSOAPISAPI.dll which inturn will process the instructions in
the .dsoap file.  At the moment, so functionality can be tested, the dll is
coded to simply return "Hello".

When my client application makes the call to the server, I should therefore
see "Hello", but I usually get a failure

The apache logs show the incoming .dsoap :

127.0.0.1 - - [11/Jul/2002:08:04:19 -0700] "POST /dsoap/opentest.dsoap
HTTP/1.0" - 244

>From running traces on the soap messages I get the following :

initialization
Override Creating object
Creating object: 1
Instance 1 got a DSOAP call.
Refresh Config Time: 0
Received a .dsoap request
Request URL: /DSOAP/DSOAPISAPI.dll/dsoap/mjweopentest.dsoap
Request Method: POST
SOAP Action: "http://tempuri.org/action/MJWEOpenTest.GetFullMR"
Transaction ID:
SOAP Request: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
	<SOAP-ENV:Header></SOAP-ENV:Header>
	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
		<DSOAP21:GetFullMR
xmlns:DSOAP21="http://tempuri.org/message/">
		</DSOAP21:GetFullMR>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

creating and adding reader object. C:/Apache2/htdocs/DSOAP/DSOAPISAPI.dll
C:/Apache2/htdocs/DSOAP/DSOAPISAPI.dll
Error dispatching soap message. Access violation at address 1077608B in
module 'DSOAPISAPI.dll'. Read of address 00000000
Error in soapinvoke: An invalid character was found in text content
start sql trace
,GetFullMR,MJWEOpenTest,,,,10.139.55.219,392,374,0,0,,40,0
finished trace

What seems to be happening, and its something that I cant explain, is that
the URL is changed mid data flow from :

Request URL: dsoap/mjweopentest.dsoap

to :

Request URL: /DSOAP/DSOAPISAPI.dll/dsoap/mjweopentest.dsoap

I hope this makes sense to somebody, as I am completly lost with this

Thanks in advance
M Reyes