httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wright, William" <William_Wri...@WrightExpress.com>
Subject RE: install apache 2.0.39 over ontop of red hat apache install
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2002 16:43:00 GMT
you could try using
'rpm -e <space seperated list of all packages that depend on eachother>'
that might resolve some of the dependancy issues for you...

-----Original Message-----
From: Desmond Lee [mailto:desmond60@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:10 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: install apache 2.0.39 over ontop of red hat apache install

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

>I don't know about the nodeps flag. I'd just remove all of it. If you
>change
>your mind later, it no big deal to re-install it from the cdrom. To remove
>RPMs
>use 'rpm -e <package name>'.

I think this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find the answer in the
apache book that i have so i'm going to ask here: when i go 'rpm -e
apache-1.3.23'  i get
error: removing these packages would break dependencies:
        apache is needed by apacheconf-0.8.2-2
        webserver   is needed by mod_dav-1.0.3-5
        webserver is needed by mod_perl-1.26-5
        webserver is needed by mod_ssl-2.8.7-4
        webserver is needed by webalizer-2.01_10-1

How do i remove this dependencies or modules so that i can unistall the old
version of apache?

>Use rpm to remove it. It'll shut it down and delete it from your system.
>Then start the other one with '/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start'.
>If you want this to run when you reboot the computer put this command in
>the file /etc/rc.local.

Thus after removing the old version, i can make sure that the old version is

gone when i got 'httpd -v' which shoudl show me that version 2 of apache is
being used. Is that right?

Thanks again

Regards

Desmond