httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Billingham, Walter 475" <Walter.Billing...@CIGNA.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.39 and RedHat 7.3?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:19:34 GMT
Change the user and groups in the APACHE_HOME/conf/http.conf to something
that reflects users and groups on your system, usually nobody, http or
something along those lines will do.  Then try to restart it should work, I
believe if you look in the error logs, the user that is in the httpd.conf
file by default is like #1 or something which sets the gid to like 4 billion
or something and I do not think your system has a range that high for the
gid  Thanks. Trask..

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential
information.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if
you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance. Copyright (c) 2002 CIGNA